- EISCAT Peer Review Programme, Deadline 1st May 2011, 2400 UTC.
Under this programme, anyone can apply for EISCAT Radar time, independent of whether or not the applicant is from an EISCAT associate country. The selection is mainly merit-based, so if your idea is good, you get radar time. More in a recent blog post, or directly at the EISCAT PRP's web page.
- 3rd EISCAT_3D User Meeting, Deadline 6th May 2011.
The EISCAT_3D User Meeting will take place in Uppsala, Sweden (very close to Stockholm-Arlanda airport) from 18th - 20th May 2011. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss current science which would benefit from EISCAT_3D, requirements for EISCAT_3D, FP7 project progress, and other, related issues. There will be a dedicated session on Atmospheric Science, which discusses EISCAT_3D's ambition to reach well into the middle atmosphere (and possibly below). Please refer to our blog post or directly to the meeting page for more information.
Other dates of interest in 2011 are
- International Incoherent Scatter Radar Workshop, 18th - 23rd July 2011, Kangerlussuaq, Greenland. (link)
- Session "G06: Recent Developments in Incoherent Scatter Radar" during the XXX General Assembly of URSI, Istanbul, Turkey on August 13-20, 2011. (session link, meeting link)
- 15th International EISCAT Workshop, 5-9 September 2011, Qingdao, China; more information in another blog post very soon. (link)