Student support (see below for info): 31st May 2013
Early-bird registration: 31st May 2013
- Ionospheric modification and plasma physics.
- EISCAT_3D science - the future of ISR science.
- Novel techniques and applications - the future of ISR and radar, including the ESR third dish.
- Space weather - including space debris, applications and impact.
- Mesosphere and D-region phenomena - including MST science, meteors, dusty plasma and sudden stratospheric warming.
- The coupled geospace environment - including multi-scale coupling between the solar wind, magnetosphere, ionosphere, thermosphere as well as field-aligned currents, waves and auroral phenomena.
- EISCAT in the global context - including related ground-based instruments and space missions, both current and future.
- Environmental change - including variability, long-term trends and solar forcing.
- Posters on any session or related topic.
A day rate is now offered for those wishing to attend one day only. Please visit http://eiscat2013.lancs.ac.uk for more details.
The EISCAT Symposium organisers can provide support for up to 4 UK PhD students and up to 4 international (non-UK) PhD students to attend the meeting. Support will be limited to waiving the registration fee only and all other expenses must be borne by the applicant. Successful applicants must present their work at the symposium and register in the normal way. Reimbursement will take place after the meeting. The Local Organising Committee will select the successful candidates based on the quality of their abstract (1 page maximum) and the content of their short CV (1 page maximum), which should highlight any academic activities and achievements. The career stage of applicants will be taken into account. Applications are to be made by email to eiscat2013 <at> lancaster <dot> ac <dot> uk with the subject line "Student Support". The deadline for student support submissions is 31 May 2013.
If you know somebody who wishes to be included on the EISCAT symposium email list, please send an email to eiscat2013 <at> lancaster <dot> ac <dot> uk with the subject line "Include in EISCAT symposium email list". If you wish to be removed from the EISCAT symposium email list, please send an email to eiscat2013 <at> lancaster <dot> ac <dot> uk with the subject line "Remove from EISCAT symposium email list".
Text: Local Organising Committee/Mike Kosch; Photo Wikimedia Commons (source).